Since this article was published, Amazon Prime Video have published a list of all of their tournaments broadcast in the UK.
Amazon Prime have the UK and Ireland broadcast rights to twelve ATP 250 tournaments in 2019, as part of their deal with the ATP, but until now there has been no list of exactly which events this includes.
However, Eurosport recently announced as similar rights deal in France, so does this provide any clues to which tournaments will be shown by Amazon in the UK?
There are thirteen ATP 250 events on Eurosport’s list, but Amazon already showed one of those this year, so there’s a good chance the other twelve tournaments on Eurosport in France are those that will be on Amazon Prime Video here.
The broadcast rights to these ATP 250 events are all handled by sports marketing company IMG on behalf on ATP Media. IMG also do the rights for Masters 1000s and ATP 500s.
IMG’s website shows that they sell distribute fourteen ATP 250 tournaments, which includes two further events in Lyon and Metz which French Eurosport does not have rights to, and omits one event that is on Eurosport’s list – Sofia.
Lastly, at the end of 2016 there were thirteen tournaments in IMG’s ATP 250 portfolio. Two of these have since been discontinued; Pune, Antalya and Lyon were new in 2017 and Shenzhen has been added since.
Therefore we can make a good guess that the ATP 250 events being shown by Amazon Prime Video in 2019 are as follows:
- Maharashtra Open, Pune, from 31 December 2018
- Sofia Open, Sofia, from 4 February***
- US Men’s Clay Court Championships, Houston, from 8 April
- Hungarian Open, Budapest, from 22 April
- Estroil Open, Estoril from 29 April
- Lyon Open, Lyon, from 20 May**
- Antalya Open, Antalya, from 24 June
- Eastbourne International, Eastbourne, from 24 June*
- Swiss Open, Gstaad, from 22 July
- Abierto Los Cabos, Cabo San Lucas, from 29 July
- Winston-Salem Open, Winston-Salem, from 19 August
- Moselle Open, Metz, from 16 September**
- Shenzhen Open, Shenzhen, from 23 September
- Chengdu Open, Chengdu, from 23 September
- European Open, Antwerp, from 14 October
* Amazon Prime Video already had the rights to show the Eastbourne International in a separate deal.
** Two events in France are not listed on French Eurosport’s website as these are not made available by IMG in France.
*** The Sofia Open is listed as being broadcast by Eurosport in France but it not on IMG’s website. It’s possible that French Eurosport have negotiated this separately or that IMG have taken over rights handling for this event recently.
Amazon Prime Video will also broadcast all ATP Masters 1000 tournaments, ATP 500 events and the ATP Tour Finals in 2019, as well as the US Open, ATP Next Gen Finals and Laver Cup.